Flooring makes for a very important part of indoor or outdoor playgrounds. Although there is a lineup of products that could be a potential option for playground flooring, however, among them, rubber flooring stands out as the most feasible one for the array of benefits that it comes with. As the market is flooded with flooring options such as granite, tiles, wood, etc. but rubber has significantly gained popularity among the community, schools, and Institutional playgrounds for its advantages. Of late, outdoor rubber flooring is accepted worldwide for commercial and personal setups as they are safe, cost-effective, and also durable.
Let’s check out the benefits that rubber flooring comes with:
A Safer option:
- One of the most accepted benefits of rubber flooring is its slip-resistant property. This is considered one of the safety features and does not wear out with time. Rubber flooring adapts to movements and that helps to mitigate the risks of injuries. Moreover, the soft texture of rubber is affect resistance and ensures that a fall does not lead to severe injury. The slip-resistant property is very useful during the rainy season as in contrast to other flooring options rubber doesn’t turn slippery while coming in contact with moisture.
- Rubber flooring is known to have a longer life as it doesn’t wear off easily as they are UV-resistant. Moreover, they come with low maintenance and comes with a significantly low replacement charge. Investing in a rubber flooring will be a long-term investment and the performance remains the same for the years to come.
- One of the reasons for the popularity of rubber flooring is that it is budget-friendly and low maintenance, besides coming with a low-cost replacement option.
- While creating an outdoor playground, what comes as one of the primary concerns is how to make it look attractive and appealing to children. Children love things that look fancy and flashy but are comfortable. Rubber serves both purposes and with the availability of newer designs and colors, it makes the best option for children’s playgrounds. Moreover, rubber flooring comes with the flexibility to be tailormade or customized according to size and shape, which is also very advantageous. Rubber flooring can also be included in the kid’s playing room where it is required to connect the rubber flooring with the rest of the carpet area with a rubber transition strip.
- Rubber flooring acts as a good insulator of sound and so can absorb the foot noise created by the activities. This flooring can be of great use in a community playground with residents around as rubber will help to tone down the noises too much extent.
- When we are planning to incorporate flooring in a playground it is pretty sure that the target audience is the kids and so while selecting the flooring this must be considered. Rubber flooring is designed for kids and so they are the best option in preschool and school playgrounds. Since rubber flooring decreases the risk of injuries for its soft texture and shock absorbing ability so they serve best for commercial playgrounds with slides, climbers, swings, etc. plus it let the children run, trip or fall without worrying about getting hurt. Children get a sense of freedom and parents a sense of relief as there is little to no chance of injuries while playing.
- With a very low maintenance cost and effort the outdoor rubber flooring is gaining immense popularity, in addition, is stain, burn, and chemical spill resistant plus is also resistant to scratches. Since it is water-resistant so it doesn’t require any extra maintenance during the rainy season.
With the array of benefits that rubber flooring comes with it is needless to say that they are the most welcomed for playground flooring. In addition, to these economical and ergonomically feasible features and the versatility, rubber flooring also makes for an eco-friendly option. Natural rubber flooring is made from the sap of rubber trees and is extracted in a harmless manner plus it is a renewable resource that makes it an environmentally friendly option. Besides, rubber flooring is recyclable, and recycled rubber is used to make different products. In contemporary times, eco-friendly options have become both popular and favorite among environment-conscious citizens and also make for a guilt-free choice.
This is all about the various features of a rubber flooring that makes it the best option for playgrounds and other commercial and residential setups. Apart from playgrounds, rubber flooring is also used for gyms and in-house exercise rooms where they can be leveled with the other room floorings with rubber transition strips so that the flooring of the complete house is on the same level. To conclude, investing in a good quality rubber flooring will ensure safe playing time without injury risk and will also be a long-lasting option. Moreover, there are a variety of unique designs, colors, and sizes available to fit according to one’s requirement